QAPI is not easy if you are first starting out or if you have been doing it a long time. WHY? Because it takes time, you need an understanding of concepts to be successful at it and you need to involve all of your staff to really have it help your agency and be compliant. QAPI helps your agency improve patient and therefore agency outcomes, which is so necessary with the 5 Star ratings and with Value Based Purchasing, which is Pay for Performance! Agencies that cannot improve their outcomes will have a difficult time having long term viability.
QAPI also will help your agency to avoid the daily ‘Fire’s, as you will Fix the Root of Problems and therefore not have a Crisis Du Jour! So you can then have the time you need to ensure your QAPI program is a good one!
As you progress in your Quality Indicators and PIPs, you will also find that you are in greater compliance with your clinical documentation, processes and home visits. This will lessen you risk of having condition level deficiencies or Immediate Jeopardy! You will avoid the risk of sanctions by doing his as well.
A successful QAPI program can help you be efficient in your agency operations as well and as we have to be so mean and lean today, this is of major importance!
- Help participants understand components of QAPI in cops
- Explain concepts of an effective QAPI program
- Learn what to utilize in order to select quality indicators and PIPs
- How to analyze data you get
- How to write effective action plans
- Learn how to involve all of your staff
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What is QAPI?
- What do you need to do to have a compliant and successful QAPI program?
- How to review, analyze and choose outcomes in your CASPER Outcome reports?
- How to develop Quality Indicators from the outcomes chosen in CASPER Outcome reports?
- How to do a self assessment or mock survey to identify other high volume, high risk and problem prone areas in which you will develop Quality Indicators to monitor?
- What types of audits do we use for our Quality Indicators?
- How to we analyse the data and develop action plans in detail?
- What is a performance improvement project and how do we do it?
- What are examples of Quality Indicators, audit tools, action plans and performance improvement projects?
- How do we involve all of our staff?
- Live Q&A Session
- Healthcare Administrators
- Clinical Managers
- Director clinical services
- QAPI coordinator
- QAPI staff
- Clinical Managers
Sharon Litwin, RN, BSHS, MHA, HCS-D, COQS, has had an extensive career in home health, starting as a field nurse in 1985. Over the ensuing years, she held positions in California and Missouri as Director of Patient Services, Administrator, Regional Director, and Executive Director of a large hospital-based home services division.
In 2003, Sharon left the corporate world to create 5 Star Consultants, to utilize her knowledge in partnership with agencies in providing assistance and education to those in need. Since then, she has also been a CHAP and ACHC surveyor, performing Medicare deemed accreditation surveys for 10 years.
In 2020, she sold the company to Healthcare Provider Solutions, and is now offering her expertise and knowledge to a limited number of clients in the industry. Sharon now lives in sunny Cape Coral, Florida, and is pleased to offer services through her new consulting agency, Litwin Home Health Consulting, LLC.